What You Need to Know if Epilepsy has Touched Your Life - November 8 - Hackensack, NJ
November 8, 2013
What you need to know if epilepsy has touched your child's life all-day educational program
Hackensack University Medical Center
30 Prospect Ave.
Hackensack, NJ 07601
Hekemian Auditorium and Hekemian Conference Room 1
Program: 9-4 PM
Breakfast and lunch will be served.
Management of difficult to treat epilepsy in children
9:00 Introduction and welcome: Marcelo Lancman, MD
9:05 Medications for Epilepsy--New versus established: John Pellock, M.D.
10:00 Overview of childhood epilepsy syndromes: Eric Segal, MD
11:00 Surgical Treatment: Arno Fried, MD
11:50 Future therapies for epilepsy: John Pellock, M.D.
1:30 Autism and epilepsy: a medical perspective- Stefanie Berry, MD
2:00 Epilepsy Emergencies: Emergency Medications for Seizures: John Pellock, M.D.
2:30 Diet treatment: Eric Segal, MD and Angela Samuels, RD
3:00 Dravet’s Syndrome - Evan Fertig, MD
3:30 Genetics in Epilepsy Evan Fertig, MD
1:30 Surviving and thriving in school with epilepsy-Robert Trobliger, PhD
2:00 Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome (LGS) Felicia Gliksman, M.D.
2:30 Infantile Spasms: Adenike Opaleke, MD
3:00 Resources for patients and families I: EFNJ
3:30 Tuberous Sclerosis Complex- Stephen Thompson, MD
NEREG has gone GREEN:
All presentations from the conference are available for you to download listed by presenter name. Just click and print.
• Epilepsy resources in New Jersey - Andrea Racioppi
• Dravet's Syndrome explained-Dr. Evan Fertig
• Is Epilepsy Inherited-Dr. Evan Fertig
• Surviving and thriving in school with epilepsy - Dr. Robert Trobliger
• Tuberous Sclerosis Complex-Dr. Stephen Thompson
• Lennox Gastaut syndrome - Dr. Felicia Gliksman
• Treating epilepsy with classic anti-epileptic medications - Dr. John Pellock
• Treating Epilepsy with newer anti-epileptic drugs - Dr. John Pellock
• Epilepsy Emergencies: how to recognize and how to respond? - Dr. John Pellock